Sunday, November 30, 2014

Baby Names

Before we ever were pregnant, we had a little girl's name picked out.  We never were able to settle on a boy's name that we both liked.  So, as luck would have it, we would have our Sweet Boy #1 first.  Coming up with his name was sooooo hard! Brandon would shut down just about every name I could think of.  And of course he didn't really have any suggestions.   Then one day, we were sitting in church, and I wrote a list of boys names I had found online that we hadn't talked about yet.  I handed Brandon the list, and he crossed off every name on there in like two seconds, except for the name Paxton.  He paused for a minute, and then circled it.  And from then on, Sweet Boy #1 was Paxton.  His middle name was easy, as we wanted it to be after someone important, so it is John after my dad.  Brandon also wanted to be able to call him P.J., {which has never happened - thank goodness} so it had to be John.

Choosing a name for our Sweet Boy #2 was hard, too.  And I had found another girl name that I really liked, and we didn't have a boy name at all, so we knew it wasn't going to be easy whether it was a boy or a girl.  Soon after we found out he was a boy though, we started searching.  I had really liked Colton when we were pregnant with Paxton, but for whatever reason we didn't really discuss it.  So I brought it up again, and Brandon was sold.  And from then on, Sweet Boy #2 was Colton.  His middle name was also easy as we wanted it to be after Brandon, so it's his middle name, David.  Brandon is always quite confident in the names, and just starts calling them it and referring to them as it, so that after he has done it for a few months, I'm always sold on the name too, because how could I start calling them something else? 

In comparison to the boys, picking baby #3's name has been relatively easy.  Before we knew if it was a boy or girl, Brandon had finally given into my other favorite boy's name and said that if it was a boy we could use it.  He refused it with the other two since one of our good friends in Middleton had a boy named it {who was like 10 years older!}, but now that we were in Poky it would be ok to use.  So of course since we had a boy's name settled, we found out we were having a girl!  There was maybe a week of bouncing back and forth between the two girl's names that we liked, but then Brandon started referring to her as one of them, and now we couldn't possibly call her anything else.  And now that we have made a sign in her bedroom with her name on it, I guess its official! 

Lexington Kay Adamson

Lexington is the name we had picked out for a little girl before we were even considering starting to have kids.  Brandon actually came up with the name, as it was a little town on his mission.  Kay is my middle name, which is after my grandpa.  I just love that she will be named after him, too.  We are down to just 8 weeks until her due date, and we can hardly wait for little Lexington to join us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment