The morning of January 19th was just like every other morning, until I stood up from the couch and felt a little trickle! I was positive that my water had broken, even though nothing else really started to happen. Luckily, January 19th was right in the middle of Brandon's week off, and we were able to call my mom to watch the boys and then head straight to the hospital.
Once we made it to the hospital, they had to do some test to see if it really was my water that had broken. One test was positive, and one was negative. So they wanted to send us home. I think the doctor could see how badly I wanted to have this baby that she said we could come back later that night and see if anything more had happened.
We spent the afternoon eating and hanging out at our house {I was doing laps around our yard to try to make sure something more happened!}. When we headed back to the hospital we were sure they were just going to send us home again. They surprised us when they said we could stay and they would start me on some pitocin because they finally were somewhat convinced that my water really did break.
Brandon and I were gearing up for a late night since with the boys I was in labor for like 15 hours each. Things were moving a bit faster than expected though and by 8:15 I had my epidural and was at a 6. I was feeling great, so I told Brandon to hurry and go grab some dinner, thinking that we still had a few hours. Right after Brandon left, {about 9:00} the doctor came in to check me since I felt like my epidural was wearing off. I was shocked when the doctor said I was basically ready to push, so I better get my husband back to the hospital. Brandon made it back by about 9:15, and our little Lexington was born at 9:32. It was perfect! She was 7 lbs 7 oz and 20 in long.
Here we are right after they said we could stay and would be having a baby that night!
Here is Brandon holding his baby girl for the first time. He is one proud papa, and little Lexington has him completely wrapped around her finger already!
She also has both her big brothers wrapped around her little finger! They both absolutely adore her.
Here's my cute grandpa who Lexington's middle name {and my middle name} is after.
We were able to come home on the 21st. I love being at the hospital and having my babies, but it is always so nice when you finally get to come home and really relax {as much as you can with a 2 and 4 year old that is}.
We just love having this beautiful baby in our family. She is such a good baby! She is a great eater, and an even better sleeper. She is getting up about once a night to eat and thats it! If only we could get her big brother Colton to only get up once a night {he has been averaging about 3 times a night since we had Lexington!} I'm pretty sure we would be losing our minds if she slept like him!
Colton is quite smitten with her {well we all are actually} and gives her kisses every time he walks past. He loves to hold her and is constantly asking to.
Paxton also loves his baby sister and likes to kiss her. It is just about the cutest thing ever when he tells her goodnight and that he loves her and to sleep tight.
I have found however, that it is extremely hard to get a decent picture of all three of them. There is always constant motion, and I can rarely get more than one of them to look at the camera at the same time! But it does make for some funny pictures!
We are just so happy and blessed to have this sweet little girl in our family. She is the perfect fit and we can't wait to watch her grow {although I would be OK with her staying a newborn for a while longer}. We love you Lexington Kay!





No comments:
Post a Comment