On October 11, 2013, at 5:45 a.m., we were awoken by a phone call from my sister Courtney. Her water had broken and our sweet little niece was on her way! I had really wanted to be there when the baby was born, and since Brandon was working long hours all weekend, I loaded up the boys and headed to Pocatello. I left right away, but as it turns out, I could have gone back to bed, then taken my time, and then still would have made it in plenty of time.
I was lucky enough to be able to be in the room when sweet little Ellisyn was born {I was in charge of getting her first pictures!}. It was such a special experience and I'm so glad I was able to be there. Ellisyn was about 5 weeks early, so sadly she was rushed off to the NICU soon after she was born.
It broke everyone's heart to see her hooked up to everything, but I'm happy to report that she is doing very well and is only on oxygen now.
She is just the sweetest, cutest, little girl and we are so happy and excited to have her as a niece!
Oh, I just love her!
ReplyDelete