When Colton was first born, Paxton almost completely ignored him. He wasn't upset by him, but he wasn't excited about him either. Which was okay since I didn't have to worry about Paxton smothering or hurting Colton.
Now it seems like Paxton is really starting to enjoy being a big brother. He loves holding Colton and getting him to smile. Every morning he gets in Colt's face and says "Hi Col! Hi Col! Hi Col!" about 50 times. And can I just say that I love that Paxton calls him Col? He can say Colton, but only when we ask him to say the whole thing. Otherwise its just Col. And Paxton is the only one who ever calls him that. On the rare occasion that its just me and Pax hanging out, he always asks, "Where'd the baby go?"
It is also so fun to watch as Colton has warmed up to his big brother. If they are in the same room, you can bet that Colt has his eye on Paxton. I'm also pretty sure that no one can get Colton smiling faster or bigger than Paxton can.
We are just so thankful for our sweet boys and hope that they will always enjoy each other as much as they do now.
Paxton's smile looks so... natural.
ReplyDelete